Water or Blood
Politics of Umar
- The would-be-Emperor and the loyalist church want to reclaim the motherland (across the water) and have failed but men have returned with wealth and red clay can turning to these radicals same the empire and stop its fracturing or does it just doom it to civil war and destruction.
- The Noble line of Aru and the reclaimer branch of the church want to see the old house of Umar pass into history and create a new imperial line through their decent from Chor’a’Rai, with him as the now high god. They need the would be emperor fail, or do something to loose support. They also need to gain a military power base as the powers involved do not have much of one.
- Heon is teetering between leaving the Empire and throwing in with a faction. The Calipha has little incentive to throw in with a cause as it risks her people (and through them her own power, and independence of action). Leaving is not to useful since then she would need to exert military power to the neighboring caliphates who still fear the empire but not her.
- Geth waits as always to see if the chaos will finally leave it free, and its lord in exile may always return.
- Krate has gained huge power as the new bread basket of the realm and still its unmatched military center. They support the current imperial line giving it the edge currently, but could they be swayed by other promises if gains are not forthcoming or if their strong willed leader were to die?
- Lithumbria’s noble has married into and is merging with the old imperial line and desperately seeks the power to recreate imperial dominance and reap the benefits.