Water or Blood
Character Creation / Advancement:
- Feats Level 1 characters have 2 feats and you gain a feat each level.
- Level Cap After level 6 characters no longer advance for their Base Attack Bonus, Base Defense Bonus, Skill Points, or Hit Points. They do continue to gain feats and advance in their feat mastery categories. While characters no longer gain skill points they may rearrange a number of skill points equal to the number they would have gained anytime they would have gained skill points.
- Social Mastery does not exist and is replaced by Lore Mastery when it occurs.
- Magic has it’s own Mastery, Ritual Mastery, that is only accessible to the Arcanist Class or others with Librarian Training.
- Experience At the end or each “adventure” (narrative arc) the characters are awarded one or more stars, when a character has a number of stars equal to their level, they may “turn them in” to gain their next level. At six level the cost stays flat at six and redeems for a new feet instead of a level.
- Saving Throws: Change saves to be half level as base + two different Stat Modifiers
|Save||Base Save||Full Modifier||Half Modifier|
|Fortitude||1/2 level||+ Con||+ 1/2 Str|
|Reflex||1/2 level||+ Wisdom||+ 1/2 Dex|
|Will||1/2 level||+ Cha||+ 1/2 Int|
- Vorpal Hurricane has a prerequisite of Cleave 1
- Whirlwind Attack has a prerequisite of Weapon Finesse 1
- Mobility 1 also grants +5 (1 square) of base movement.
- Quick Draw also grants +2 to your initiative bonus
- Arcanist See Arcanist for a rebuild of the class to use my Ritual Magic rules for the magic that exists in the world of Umar.
- Armiger see this rebuild for details.
- Executioners Finesse-Power finesse weapons my be used with power feats, feature also extends to power weapons used with finesse feats.
- Higher Tier Powers All classes with sets of token powers may choose from any of the tiers powers when they would get a power, not limited by their level, and may take any of their higher level class features as feats, additional token based powers may be taken 2 powers for the cost of one feat.
- Multi-Classing You may never have more than one class
Combat and Weapons:
- Critical Hits when a human is struck with a critical they must make a fortitude save, DC equal to damage dealt, or be stunned for one round.
- Bonuses to Attack No set of bonuses may increase your base attack bonus (BAB) to more than double it’s starting value. This applies to modifiers from all different sources Class/Arcane/Divine/Elemental/Necromantic/etc but not bonuses gained from strength or dexterity.
- Light Weapons (unarmed counts as a light weapon) are not large enough to attack better armed foes without risk, so they grant “reach” to any foe they attack who is armed with a larger/longer weapon. They still “threaten” for the purpose of flanking / AoO’s etc.
- Light Weapons and Grappling When you are in a grapple and you have established/maintained control and have an action remaining you may deal damage with any light weapon you are using (critical’s determined by grapple rolls), if you have pinned an foe you may coup de grace them with this attack.
- Daggers Non-improvised Daggers gain a x3 critical modifier. Common knives not designed for fighting do not get this bonus.
- Mounted Being mounted allows you to use the mount’s Str mod instead of yours for your damage, as well as it’s Dex mod (instead of yours) for your defense. This only works for trained mounts, when you are moving, and the bonus cannot exceed your ranks in ride.
- Initiative is rolled with a d10 not a d20.
Health and Healing:
- Hit Points In addition to the above cap on hit points from level, characters HP are also capped at either twice their Constitution Score, their Charisma Score plus their Constitution Score (for the willfully durable), or their Strength Score plus their Constitution Score (for those too big to fail).
- Hero Points Any level a character gains where they do not gain Hit Points (due to already being at their cap) they instead gain one Hero Point. these can be spent to grant a reprieve/advantage to the character as dramatically needed, DM is final arbiter on their use. They refresh at the end of each “adventure”.
- Reserve Points are equal to your constitution score.
- Healing/Damage A character is bloodied when they are at half Hit Points. Until a character is bloodied all damage they take is superficial and can be healed easily with reserve points out of combat. Once bloodied damage takes longer to recover from allowing only constitution modifier to be restored from a normal rest. Excellent medical care and bed rest can improve this. Critical Hits have a chance of leaving debilitating scars and worse depending on your fortitude save(s) Standard Saves: DC 15 when character remains out of the negatives, and DC 20 when damage takes a character to negatives to avoid disfiguring/debilitating/etc injuries.
Armor Quick Reference
|Material||Weight||Damage Reduction||Max Dexterity Bonus||Armor Check Penalty|
|Leathers, Hides, Padded Coats, etc.||Light||1 D4||+6||-1|
|Mail Hauberk, Leather Lamellar, Strung-Bone plates||Light||1 D6||+5||-2|
|Scale Plates, Full Mail w/ Helm||Medium||2 D4||+3||-4|
|Partial Plate||Heavy||1 D10||+2||-4|
|Full Plate||Heavy||2 D6||+2||-5|
Shields Quick Reference
|Type||Weight||Defense Bonus||Armor Check Penalty||Description|
|Buckler*||Light||+2||0||A small shield either strapped to forearm or gripped in fist no larger than a dinner plate|
|Small Shield||Light||+4||-1||A shield large enough to help with projectiles while light enough to not slow you down|
|Large Shield||Medium||+6||-2||A shield that can never be concealed on your person and great protection when used though a some cost to mobility|
|Tower Shield||Heavy||+8||-6||A shield large enough to take full cover behind, nearly a mobile wall|
-* Bucklers may be used alongside a two handed weapon, with a -1 accuracy penalty to attacks.